Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brickwall Thursday

Today I am tackling my 2GGrandfather, Frederick S. Sauls. Everything I know about Frederick comes from the 1880 census, the 1900 census, his death certificate, and 2 people: my grandmother and my grandfather's cousin.

Frederick was born 12 March 1853. He first married Caroline Margaret "Carry" Inabinet, who died 22 December 1896. He then married Earnestine Smoak in 1898. He had many children with each wife. (I will be adding the info for these children to my website shortly.) The only clue I have to his parents' identities is on his death certificate. His mother is listed as Sallie Sauls. Given the time period, I doubt Sauls was her maiden name, so I am pretty stuck. However, Frederick had a brother named Benjamin with whom he was living when the 1880 census was taken. My cousin says that the brother's name was actually Joseph Benjamin, and he was born in 1841. Benjamin's wife on the 1880 census was Annie. However, I have no other information about Benjamin. I don't know when or where he died or was buried.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

No comments:

Post a Comment